Loss of a friend and fellow photographer

useravatar
SLE Photography
Photographer
Arnold, Maryland
Site Host
2578 Posts

Top Re: Loss of a friend and fellow photographer

I apologize for the delay.  We had to make some changes in the code base due to some other issues & I haven't been able to make new Spotlights work right yet.

I am a Model Insider site admin, please feel free to PM me with any site related issues, or for faster response contact our team via the Helpdesk

James Glendinning / SilverLight Esoterica Photography / SLE Photography

useravatar
PKM IMAGES
Photographer
Glendale, California
1390 Posts

SLE Photography wrote:

I apologize for the delay.  We had to make some changes in the code base due to some other issues & I haven't been able to make new Spotlights work right yet.

Well its been almost 6 months now of John Bata's passing, and nothing has been posted yet and no new spotlight yet sad
I'm not the only one is unhappy with this other members has voice their concerns about this matter to me.

Let the magic begin...
http://www.pkmimages.com

I am a Team Insider member, please feel free to PM me. Support all the contests by voting or by entering..

useravatar
J STERLING MEDIA
Photographer
lake villA, Illinois
85 Posts

PKM IMAGES wrote:

SLE Photography wrote:

Well its been almost 6 months now of John Bata's passing, and nothing has been posted yet and no new spotlight yet sad
I'm not the only one is unhappy with this other members has voice their concerns about this matter to me.

I don't tell people about this site or get a paid membership here anymore because you guys don't follow through on what you say you are going to do, it's like nobody cares about it anymore. I am deeply upset that you guys have yet done anything for John's memory like you said you would do, but add that to the long list of things that you told you were going to do 2 years ago to make this a better place, and you still have not done any of it.

useravatar
SLE Photography
Photographer
Arnold, Maryland
Site Host
2578 Posts

PKM IMAGES wrote:

I'm not happy about it either.  It's not just John's tribute but other issues with Spotlights in general, as well as some other "front end" items.
We're working on it, but Chris & I haven't had a full time "front end" person in some time to address these issues, even with having made multiple overtures to hire someone for the job.
All I can do is plead for patience.

I am a Model Insider site admin, please feel free to PM me with any site related issues, or for faster response contact our team via the Helpdesk

useravatar
SLE Photography
Photographer
Arnold, Maryland
Site Host
2578 Posts

J STERLING MEDIA wrote:

I don't tell people about this site or get a paid membership here anymore because you guys don't follow through on what you say you are going to do, it's like nobody cares about it anymore. I am deeply upset that you guys have yet done anything for John's memory like you said you would do, but add that to the long list of things that you told you were going to do 2 years ago to make this a better place, and you still have not done any of it.

A major reason we haven't been promoting the site is because Chris & I haven't been able to handle everything on our own and do some things we hoped.  We had some people leave & it left us in a bit of a mess.  We're working to resolve the situation, but it's taking longer than we hoped.

useravatar
PKM IMAGES
Photographer
Glendale, California
1390 Posts

lot members are voicing their concerns about not following thru with your promises, some of them use to be very active here and have now gone back to MM.    Its pretty sad  the spot light hasn't been change now for 5 months now. sad    What happen to  We listen to our members !

Let the magic begin...
http://www.pkmimages.com

I am a Team Insider member, please feel free to PM me. Support all the contests by voting or by entering..

useravatar
SLE Photography
Photographer
Arnold, Maryland
Site Host
2578 Posts

PKM IMAGES wrote:

lot members are voicing their concerns about not following thru with your promises, some of them use to be very active here and have now gone back to MM.    Its pretty sad  the spot light hasn't been change now for 5 months now. sad    What happen to  We listen to our members !

As mentioned above, the major problem with the Spotlight and a few other things is that Chris has been basically on his own with coding, which's put us behind on things & made it hard to fix some things that others wrote the code for, and in the case of the Spotlight and a few other things we had to pull some code (namely the editor I used to build the Spotlights) because it opened the site up to a massive hack attempt recently.  We have a whole new codebase for the site that will address pretty much all of these issues.  Chris has it in beta for one of our other sites so we can shake out all the issues before we roll it to MI, since this site's a lot bigger and more complicated to move.