useravatar
SLE Photography
Photographer
Arnold, Maryland
Site Host
2570 Posts

Top Re: Active members

Kevlar Vest Girl wrote:

You sound so reasonable in here, have you considered seeing someone regarding your split personality?

Comrade Bob, in Soviet Model Insider, personality splits YOU.

I am a Model Insider site admin, please feel free to PM me with any site related issues, or for faster response contact our team via the Helpdesk

James Glendinning / SilverLight Esoterica Photography / SLE Photography

useravatar
Kevlar Vest Girl
Photographer
Chicago, Illinois
1001 Posts

cool

useravatar
Gary Knotts
Photographer
Lilesville, North Carolina
163 Posts

SLE Photography wrote:

Kevlar Vest Girl wrote:

You sound so reasonable in here, have you considered seeing someone regarding your split personality?

Comrade Bob, in Soviet Model Insider, personality splits YOU.

I wonder if anyone in the younger age groups actually got that reference? Or even know what a Communist is/was?  neutral

useravatar
SLE Photography
Photographer
Arnold, Maryland
Site Host
2570 Posts

Gary M Knotts wrote:

I wonder if anyone in the younger age groups actually got that reference? Or even know what a Communist is/was?  neutral

"In Soviet Russia" is a popular internet meme (which's funny in & of itself since it's a Yakov Smirnoff joke from the 80's, so why it's come back is anyone's guess), so yeah, the kids get it.
And ANYONE who watches FOX NEWS as religiously as Bob does knows what a Communist is, it's Obama & the Democrats!

I am a Model Insider site admin, please feel free to PM me with any site related issues, or for faster response contact our team via the Helpdesk

useravatar
Kevlar Vest Girl
Photographer
Chicago, Illinois
1001 Posts

SLE Photography wrote:

And ANYONE who watches FOX NEWS as religiously as Bob does knows what a Communist is, it's Obama & the Democrats!

This is why I suspect your posts all the time and consider you to be fundamentally lacking in brain power... I don't believe I have ever once seen Fox News, unless I was channel surfing for a sporting event and alighted on the channel momentarily by mistake. If I watch any TV news at all, it would be NBC in Chicago because Allison Rosati is kind of cute.

Once again I prove you are a dunce!

useravatar
Visfoto
Photographer
Knoxville, Tennessee
21 Posts

ei Total Productions wrote:

For the record, I would love to see this site become more active.  I stop by periodically and see forums that have little or no activity.  What I would really like though is another source for talent beyond.  I would hope that you could reach a new audience of models and become a viable source for me to cast.  I love the site, I just wish it could become a better resource.

I'll make an observation on the forums to pop my cherry.

The problem with many forums of all types is a gang of members and mods of one political pursuasion (communist and/or fascist, er, democrat or republican, depending upon the regime in power) takes over the forum and runs everybody else off. Often banning nonpaying and paying members forever. While fun for the manic-depressives, this is not good for business.

America was founded on (violent) free speech, not censorship. Too many members and mods get their panties in a twist and refuse to allow differing opinions. A site that allows free speech and tolerance will succeed. A site that does not is doomed to fail. Big city newspapers and national magzine websites have discovered this the hard way after censoring public comments and banning opposing viewpoints of the majority of their (former) readers. Like a marriage, divorce after the first disagreement will of course doom the marriage to failure.

I like MI for allowing more photos in the portfolio, and allowing links to outside websites. This is a big step in the right direction. Arm-twisting sales tactics have their place, but not for newbies if you want to increase numbers. MI is very competitive in this regard. The economy has taken a huge hit and this is going to get much worse in 2013 and beyond.

Selling ads on MI...where are they? That could pay for ads on other sites for MI.

Search engine optimization? Generates free traffic, often from the forums.

News reports about MI?

I first heard about MM in a news article online, then in a photog book. Now I hear about MM in courthouse reports for 50 raped models, and now a missing model/hooker feared murdered. These topics are virtually banned from their forums. Perhaps their market position is about to implode like craigslist? But the founders sold out quick and dont care, except they're being sued by the billion-dollar company that bought them out, for not revealing how they allowed the rapist cop to rape 50 models without warning their members (or rather, sued for not warning Internet Brands Corp about the rapist lawsuits -- to heck with the girls).

MI could benefit from this mayhem by adopting a formal policy of warning members of alleged rapists, rather than covering up and shutting up, which might be useful for getting free press (requires shotgunning formal press releases). I'm sure many news sites would be happy to report such a policy.

That is all.

useravatar
SLE Photography
Photographer
Arnold, Maryland
Site Host
2570 Posts

Visfoto wrote:

I'll make an observation on the forums to pop my cherry.

The problem with many forums of all types is a gang of members and mods of one political pursuasion (communist and/or fascist, er, democrat or republican, depending upon the regime in power) takes over the forum and runs everybody else off. Often banning nonpaying and paying members forever. While fun for the manic-depressives, this is not good for business.

America was founded on (violent) free speech, not censorship. Too many members and mods get their panties in a twist and refuse to allow differing opinions. A site that allows free speech and tolerance will succeed. A site that does not is doomed to fail. Big city newspapers and national magzine websites have discovered this the hard way after censoring public comments and banning opposing viewpoints of the majority of their (former) readers. Like a marriage, divorce after the first disagreement will of course doom the marriage to failure.

Our rule of thumb here is very simple, "don't be a dick."  Argue whichever side of a position you like, get passionate, get angry, that's fine.  Taking it to an overly personal level on other areas of the site, going to threats of violence, etc... not cool.  The founders of the site (mainly myself & Christopher) have VERY different political beliefs & we fight about them all the time.  There're others here whom I HUGELY disagree with on certain topics but that doesn't affect how we moderate things (to the very loose extent that we do) because we recognize the issues you describe.  So long as we own the site, that won't change.
We have some things in the works to better some of this in terms of interactions, too.

Visfoto wrote:

I like MI for allowing more photos in the portfolio, and allowing links to outside websites. This is a big step in the right direction. Arm-twisting sales tactics have their place, but not for newbies if you want to increase numbers. MI is very competitive in this regard. The economy has taken a huge hit and this is going to get much worse in 2013 and beyond.

We're striving to be competitive in regards to the features we offer.  One thing you might not have seen, because the system is poorly designed in terms of interface at the moment, is that our credit system on images is unique.  You can credit the people who are in your photos, or who worked on them (like MUAs) even if they're not on MI.  We're working on a better interface to make that more obvious & usable.  We are working on offering even more features, and upgrading some of the existing ones like the free ZenAllure web pages that come with every profile.

Visfoto wrote:

Selling ads on MI...where are they? That could pay for ads on other sites for MI.

This's complicated for a number of reasons, but the main issue is that if we ran typical ads we'd have to censor more of the site in response to advertiser demands OR choose lower-paying ad networks that would mandate we advertise things we don't wish to advertise.  We've chosen not to go that route.  As the site grows we might run specific campaigns with targeted sponsors, but with the understanding that they don't get any say over our content.

Visfoto wrote:

Search engine optimization? Generates free traffic, often from the forums.

In the works.  smile

Visfoto wrote:

News reports about MI?

I first heard about MM in a news article online, then in a photog book. Now I hear about MM in courthouse reports for 50 raped models, and now a missing model/hooker feared murdered. These topics are virtually banned from their forums. Perhaps their market position is about to implode like craigslist? But the founders sold out quick and dont care, except they're being sued by the billion-dollar company that bought them out, for not revealing how they allowed the rapist cop to rape 50 models without warning their members (or rather, sued for not warning Internet Brands Corp about the rapist lawsuits -- to heck with the girls).

MI could benefit from this mayhem by adopting a formal policy of warning members of alleged rapists, rather than covering up and shutting up, which might be useful for getting free press (requires shotgunning formal press releases). I'm sure many news sites would be happy to report such a policy.

That is all.

Some kinds of publicity we don't need.  smile  We're working on outreach strategies, aiming for news reports isn't always the most practical.  There're other plans tho.  smile

useravatar
ChristerArt
Photographer
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, UK
33 Posts

LOL

Good thread. I probably shouldn't mention that I grew up in Sweden (all Americans know that's the same as living in Russia)..=*^)

Seriously, though, that's the one thing that's a huge problem with America - the polarization.

And the fact is that the two party system doesn't work - especially when tempers are fanned by extremists on both sides.

What's needed - and will never happen - is a plethora of parties so there will have to be some give and take.

End of Politicic (sic) rant..=*^)

As for the site - yeah, it's pretty much floundering and for me part of what's wrong (as I've told James) is the interface and design.

He's told me changes are coming - I hope so - MM is a pain - but then most all sites I've been on lately are overrun with Wanna Bees who all want to get paid - no matter their looks, abilities or experience.

I stopped shooting MM "models" almost 5 years ago. Don't see me starting again soon either.

useravatar
Visfoto
Photographer
Knoxville, Tennessee
21 Posts

I'd respectfully recommend the MI Facebook page actually post images of models. Especially on the banner.

From what I'm seeing FB has as many active models as MM has, or more.

I'm setting up a FB page just for photography, after I figure out how to bypass FB's spyblock on 2nd accounts.

If MI could figure out how to add some more FB features, it might be on to something. I got my first Friend on MI, which gives me a warm fuzzy feelin.

http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/internet-memes-friend-zone-veteran.jpg

useravatar
SLE Photography
Photographer
Arnold, Maryland
Site Host
2570 Posts

Visfoto wrote:

I'd respectfully recommend the MI Facebook page actually post images of models. Especially on the banner.

We have used them in the past, part of the issue is finding quality images that're safe by Facebook rules & then swapping them out regularly.
As we expand the membership pool we should be able to do more.  We have some plans in the works.  smile

Visfoto wrote:

If MI could figure out how to add some more FB features, it might be on to something. I got my first Friend on MI, which gives me a warm fuzzy feelin.

We have several now, such as the ability to "like" and "share" images & more on Facebook.  There again we have more plans.
We'd welcome any specific suggestions you have on where you'd like to see integration, if you tells us and we can build it we'll give it a shot.

useravatar
La Zona Imagery
Photographer
Hillsboro, Oregon
22 Posts

Kevlar Vest Girl wrote:

I've been pounding on James over on Facebook with regard to his ridiculous political rants, alas, to no avail.

In other words: YOU FAIL