Login with facebook

Thoughts and critique?

useravatar
Sunzie
Female Model
Decatur, Illinois
7 Posts

Top Thoughts and critique?

Hello! I've just recently updated my portfolio with some of my most recent work and I would really like some feedback on them. In my opinion it's some of my best work and I feel I've grown a lot in my modeling since I started at the beginning of the year. There is always room for improvement though and I'm still learning a lot. So any thoughts or constructive criticism is much appreciated smile

useravatar
Stephen Wayne
Photographer
Davenport, Iowa
6 Posts

Top Re: Thoughts and critique?

Sunzie, Your portfolio is looking very beautiful. You are working with some very good photographers. My only suggestion would be to continue to seek out top photographers - as many as you can work with. Each one will offer their own look and so add more depth and breadth to your port. You certainly have the looks, and the lines you create are very beautiful. You should be proud of what you've accomplished in a short time. Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing many more wonderful images of you.

useravatar
Kevlar Vest Girl
Photographer
Chicago, Illinois
1001 Posts

First of all, congratulations on being smokin hot, because that seems to help sell these days. Other than that, I can't tell from your body of work what you are trying to do with your career. You seem to have a handle on pinup/glamour types of pictures, but you lack anything serious in lifestyle, portrait and fashion work, which is where the real money is. In terms of online talent, I know that Rachel Jay really likes to model, and does it more for personal fulfillment than for any other reason. I also know a lot of people that do it for the joy they derive from working on art projects.

What are you looking to gain from modeling?

useravatar
Sunzie
Female Model
Decatur, Illinois
7 Posts

Stephen Wayne wrote:

Sunzie, Your portfolio is looking very beautiful. You are working with some very good photographers. My only suggestion would be to continue to seek out top photographers - as many as you can work with. Each one will offer their own look and so add more depth and breadth to your port. You certainly have the looks, and the lines you create are very beautiful. You should be proud of what you've accomplished in a short time. Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing many more wonderful images of you.

Thank you, I really appreciate that! Will definitely work on doing that smile

useravatar
Sunzie
Female Model
Decatur, Illinois
7 Posts

Kevlar Vest Girl wrote:

First of all, congratulations on being smokin hot, because that seems to help sell these days. Other than that, I can't tell from your body of work what you are trying to do with your career. You seem to have a handle on pinup/glamour types of pictures, but you lack anything serious in lifestyle, portrait and fashion work, which is where the real money is. In terms of online talent, I know that Rachel Jay really likes to model, and does it more for personal fulfillment than for any other reason. I also know a lot of people that do it for the joy they derive from working on art projects.

What are you looking to gain from modeling?

Thanks for your response and feedback smile The problem with me pursuing fashion work is that I'm usually too short and most of the fashion photographers I've approached are looking for models way taller than me. I've been trying to add more fashion and lifestyle into my portfolio but have not had many opportunities to do so. I haven't been at this very long so I'm still trying to figure out as a petite model where my niche in this industry is. Seems to be mostly glamour/lingerie modeling though. I have more projects coming up in the next year including shoots in NYC which are more on the fashion/lifestyle side so I'll have more of that soon. I started off doing this for fun but I have more recently felt a lot more serious about it. Like I said though, still trying to figure out where I am going to go with it.

useravatar
Laura Ann Photography
Photographer
Davenport, Iowa
568 Posts

Sunzie!!!

Hey lady, your build is pretty glamour, but you've got such a gorgeous face with expressive eyes.  I'd really love to see you push yourself and try some new stuff...short for fashion, sure, if you're going to the big city.  But if you're shooting for fun, you can still incorporate fashion posing and bring that whole mood to the shoot.  Berry is 5'5, too short for fashion, but she still rocks it...and I know you can too.

What I'd like to see you do is push yourself as far as emotions, because you have amazingly expressive eyes, and I'd love to see you utilize them more.  Maybe shoot some beauty?  (get your butt to Davenport and we can set something up!)

Have fun with different styles, and figure out what you enjoy doing, and then figure out how you can use that to your advantage. 

Best of luck chica!

useravatar
Sunzie
Female Model
Decatur, Illinois
7 Posts

Laura Ann Photography wrote:

Sunzie!!!

Hey lady, your build is pretty glamour, but you've got such a gorgeous face with expressive eyes.  I'd really love to see you push yourself and try some new stuff...short for fashion, sure, if you're going to the big city.  But if you're shooting for fun, you can still incorporate fashion posing and bring that whole mood to the shoot.  Berry is 5'5, too short for fashion, but she still rocks it...and I know you can too.

What I'd like to see you do is push yourself as far as emotions, because you have amazingly expressive eyes, and I'd love to see you utilize them more.  Maybe shoot some beauty?  (get your butt to Davenport and we can set something up!)

Have fun with different styles, and figure out what you enjoy doing, and then figure out how you can use that to your advantage. 

Best of luck chica!

I love you lol, I definitely need to shoot more beauty. I shot with a photographer in Tampa over the summer who specializes in beauty and she gave me a lot of tips. Needless to say it's the hardest type of modeling I've shot so far. But I definitely wanna shoot with you again! As soon as I know what my car situation is going to be I'll let you know and I'll try and make a trip up to Davenport. Oh and btw, I haven't asked because I know it can be annoying and I also know you are super busy lol, but the last time we shot, did any of the other photos turn out? Like the ones with the dress that had the blue birds all over it? Because I was really interested to see how those turned out. I didn't reshoot the dress just in case you just got busy or something haha

useravatar
Laura Ann Photography
Photographer
Davenport, Iowa
568 Posts

Sunzie wrote:

Sunzie!!!

Best of luck chica!

I love you lol, I definitely need to shoot more beauty. I shot with a photographer in Tampa over the summer who specializes in beauty and she gave me a lot of tips. Needless to say it's the hardest type of modeling I've shot so far. But I definitely wanna shoot with you again! As soon as I know what my car situation is going to be I'll let you know and I'll try and make a trip up to Davenport. Oh and btw, I haven't asked because I know it can be annoying and I also know you are super busy lol, but the last time we shot, did any of the other photos turn out? Like the ones with the dress that had the blue birds all over it? Because I was really interested to see how those turned out. I didn't reshoot the dress just in case you just got busy or something haha

Sunzie, I thought I sent you one.  I know I started working on one, so there's a good chance that I started retouching it, and then stopped for a night with the plan to revisit it the next day.  Let me check my desktop (hopefully I have it there since my laptop died), but if I don't have it there, I'll get one to you within the next week after I finish up some paid work.

useravatar
Sunzie
Female Model
Decatur, Illinois
7 Posts

Sunzie wrote:

Sunzie!!!

Best of luck chica!

Sunzie, I thought I sent you one.  I know I started working on one, so there's a good chance that I started retouching it, and then stopped for a night with the plan to revisit it the next day.  Let me check my desktop (hopefully I have it there since my laptop died), but if I don't have it there, I'll get one to you within the next week after I finish up some paid work.

lol that's ok I know you are really busy, so it's no rush or anything like that, I was just curious. I thought maybe I was making some really ugly faces haha, because that's completely possible

useravatar
Brent Hampton
Photographer
Wenatchee, Washington
240 Posts

I am still new to photography  but I have a few sugestions.
Try some different genera's  or looks   for instance  try
business:  go for a lawyer look or business owner  briefcase, clipboard, laptop, desk
fitness:  do you like biking or running?
you could try urban or western or biker or even alt fashion.

as for beauty and glamour  I would love to see you do some casual and natural looks that are less posy
relax in a chair, sit on some urban stairs, drink some coffee or wine.

you could look into commercial work where requirements are less strict   makeup, perfume, clothes, cars ect.

best of luck to you!

useravatar
Emeritus
Photographer
Las Vegas, Nevada
Lounge Host
1191 Posts

I'm not going to try a critique, since Bob has already said everything I would have said.  But if you happen to find your way to Las Vegas I'd love to try getting you some more pictures for critique  smile