Some feedback on an implied?

useravatar
Laura Ann Photography
Photographer
Davenport, Iowa
568 Posts

Top Some feedback on an implied?

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/ChicagoNix/Crimp-2-resized.jpg

What's good, what's bad, what would you have done differently?

useravatar
Deardorff Photography
Photographer
Charlotte, North Carolina
855 Posts

Top Re: Some feedback on an implied?

Laura Ann Photography wrote:

Only thing that troubles me is the curve of her back.  I would ask her to straighten her back more.  Only other minor point is I would have her right eye more in the light but that's just my preference.  Other than that, very nicely done.  smile

Beauty beheld is beauty never lost
- John Greenleaf Whittier
--------------------------------------------------
Team Insider member and Contest Administrator - get in touch if you have questions/comments

useravatar
Laura Ann Photography
Photographer
Davenport, Iowa
568 Posts

Deardorff Photography wrote:

Only thing that troubles me is the curve of her back.  I would ask her to straighten her back more.  Only other minor point is I would have her right eye more in the light but that's just my preference.  Other than that, very nicely done.  smile

Maybe I'm crazy, but I rather like the curve of the back and the way the light hits it.  I think it adds a bit more, and that a straighter back would look stagnant.

About the hair, hmmm...   I was kinda contemplating what it would look like either moved further away, or closer.  Either show the eye, or completely block it out.

useravatar
Kevlar Vest Girl
Photographer
Chicago, Illinois
1001 Posts

Deardorff Photography wrote:

Maybe I'm crazy, but I rather like the curve of the back and the way the light hits it.  I think it adds a bit more, and that a straighter back would look stagnant.

About the hair, hmmm...   I was kinda contemplating what it would look like either moved further away, or closer.  Either show the eye, or completely block it out.

The curve of the back is beautiful, I'm always mystified by suggestions that subjective elements in a shot should be removed. A typical answer would be... "When you shoot a shot like that, your intuition will allow you to straighten the back, I like it curved!"

The thing I find distracting is the left hand at the right shoulder... Imagine the left hand lower, disappearing behind the left shoulder, and the right shoulder not showing at all. I see greater simplicity of line and much more impact if those two things are done. While that is just my opinion, at least I have a reason based in design for suggesting it. Also, it might allow me a sneak peek at Aprils boobs, which I live and die for.

useravatar
Gary Knotts
Photographer
Lilesville, North Carolina
164 Posts

I voted for this! smile

useravatar
B Browder Photo
Photographer
Charleston, South Carolina
20 Posts

It is a very beautiful shot.  Over all I like the photo very much.  The only thing I see that may have been better is if you would have had the model elongate her neck more. Either lowering her shoulder a little or tilting her head back some.  But either way it is a beautiful photo.

useravatar
Drew Tarter
Photographer
Biloxi, Mississippi
11 Posts

I like everything about it, save one thing. I think the way she is pulling her hair down is odd. Otherwise, I think it is an outstanding image.