Stolen photo travels the world

useravatar
SLE Photography
Photographer
Arnold, Maryland
Site Host
2585 Posts

Top Stolen photo travels the world

REALLY fascinating video, young Israeli photographer posts some self portraits on Flickr & within a couple of years it's not only a symbol of protest all over the world it's also been stolen (as in literally taken by others, & resold with fake credits), appropriated by various companies, and more.

Whole story is HERE on Vimeo, it's about 10 minutes long.  Stay until the end for the real shocker.

The actual artist hasn't seen a penny & he's been rebuffed when he's attempted to contact people selling his work they've ignored him or told him to go screw, and when he's tried to sell it himself he's been rebuffed.  Really sad.

I am a Model Insider site admin, please feel free to PM me with any site related issues, or for faster response contact our team via the Helpdesk

James Glendinning / SilverLight Esoterica Photography / SLE Photography

useravatar
Curtis Wood
Photographer
Logan, Utah
1638 Posts

Top Re: Stolen photo travels the world

-Here is Noam's Stolen Scream site:
http://thestolenscream.com/

-Here is Noam's Photography site:
http://www.noamgalai.com/

Very interesting story indeedy, not to mention the fact he is a very good photographer.

-The Scream photos are not his only powerful images.

Super calloused Fragile mystic Hexed by halitosis
Mary Poppins, I ain't!

TeamInsider member - PM me if you have any questions or visit us in the chat.

useravatar
CCS Graphic
Photographer
Martinez, California
11 Posts

I came across this video in a Flickr group. It's a very interesting story. I've done image searches and found my images in the craziest places. Nothing as spectacular as the screams, but it's trippy how far images travel on the Internet.

useravatar
Curtis Wood
Photographer
Logan, Utah
1638 Posts

-it really is interesting to do a google search on "stolen scream" then look at the images.

-these particular images of Noam's have been used so many times by so many people it is incredible. I note that there are even some incorprating his picture on Deviant.

Super calloused Fragile mystic Hexed by halitosis
Mary Poppins, I ain't!

TeamInsider member - PM me if you have any questions or visit us in the chat.

useravatar
msdarlyn
Female Model
Baltimore, N/A
45 Posts

Poor him sad