Login with facebook

Bed Bug Camera?

useravatar
Curtis Wood
Photographer
Logan, Utah
1637 Posts

Top Bed Bug Camera?

-Lookng for photography gadgets, I hit upon this and thought I would share.

Bed Bug Camera – Now you can know before its too late

http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/usb-microscope-camera.jpg

I don’t know about you guys, but ever since all this bedbug information has been hitting the news I am scared to death to stay in a hotel, or even sit with my head against an airplane seat, just the thought of these creepy critters gets my skin crawling, I just can’t relax.

Well, now I have something new to add to my obsessive-compulsive arsenal, the Bedbug Camera. This web enabled USB microscope camera, can zoom into any object and examine it very closely using the 10x magnification or it can zoom all the way up to 300x for a much closer look.

This camera is perfect for identifying bed bugs or any other tiny particles. Imagine your delight when you realize for certain, that you are not in fact overrun with bedbugs, but merely inundated with Oreo crumbs from your husbands midnight snack.

You can share your images with the world by posting the high resolution photos or streaming live video over the Internet to your fellow insect-phobes. With LED lights illuminating the subject area, and its excellent magnification capabilities you can rest easy, knowing just what it is thats going to get you in your sleep.

Ahhhh… how relaxing is that? Get yours now for $129.95

Super calloused Fragile mystic Hexed by halitosis
Mary Poppins, I ain't!

TeamInsider member - PM me if you have any questions or visit us in the chat.

useravatar
gpmcguire
Photographer
Brooklyn, New York
741 Posts

Top Re: Bed Bug Camera?

Will this bring macro photography to a whole new level?

useravatar
John Rayner
Photographer
Rapid City, South Dakota
1325 Posts

You forgot a linkie CW... Just want to know the specifics... iso/f-stop/exposure or is it just a glorified camera phone.

useravatar
SLE Photography
Photographer
Arnold, Maryland
Site Host
2562 Posts

John Rayner wrote:

You forgot a linkie CW... Just want to know the specifics... iso/f-stop/exposure or is it just a glorified camera phone.

No he didn't.  Click on the image.  smile

I am a Model Insider site admin, please feel free to PM me with any site related issues, or for faster response contact our team via the Helpdesk

James Glendinning / SilverLight Esoterica Photography / SLE Photography

useravatar
John Rayner
Photographer
Rapid City, South Dakota
1325 Posts

SLE Photography wrote:

John Rayner wrote:

That really helped... NOT. It takes me to a shot of the camera. Not the writeup on the camera. lol

useravatar
SLE Photography
Photographer
Arnold, Maryland
Site Host
2562 Posts

John Rayner wrote:

SLE Photography wrote:

John Rayner wrote:

That really helped... NOT. It takes me to a shot of the camera. Not the writeup on the camera. lol

My bad: http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/usb-m … amera.html

I am a Model Insider site admin, please feel free to PM me with any site related issues, or for faster response contact our team via the Helpdesk

James Glendinning / SilverLight Esoterica Photography / SLE Photography

useravatar
John Rayner
Photographer
Rapid City, South Dakota
1325 Posts

Thanks, That helped alot more. Looks like more of a toy than a decent tool. The LEDs would give extemely flat lighting, and the lens can't be very good for the price. A reversing ring or a few extension tubes would be a better investment for decent macro capabilities.

useravatar
Curtis Wood
Photographer
Logan, Utah
1637 Posts

-oops...

-Thanks James for posting that link.

Mary Poppins, I ain't!

useravatar
Curtis Wood
Photographer
Logan, Utah
1637 Posts

John Rayner wrote:

Thanks, That helped alot more. Looks like more of a toy than a decent tool. The LEDs would give extemely flat lighting, and the lens can't be very good for the price. A reversing ring or a few extension tubes would be a better investment for decent macro capabilities.

-this is considered more for looking at very very small things. It would be considered to be almost a microscope type camera. For what it is designed for it looks like it does a pretty nice job.

Mary Poppins, I ain't!

useravatar
John Rayner
Photographer
Rapid City, South Dakota
1325 Posts

I was wondering, did you get to see it in action, or get to play with one?

useravatar
Ademac Photographics
Photographer
Berry
18 Posts

Curtis you have to come to Australia, we have some of the best creepy crawlies in the world......................you might need to pack some Vallium.
Looks like a fun toy...................

useravatar
Curtis Wood
Photographer
Logan, Utah
1637 Posts

Ademac Photographics wrote:

Curtis you have to come to Australia, we have some of the best creepy crawlies in the world......................you might need to pack some Vallium.
Looks like a fun toy...................

-I seriously would love to visit your awesome country, Ade.

-There are so many people living in Australia (like you and Bunny) I have conversed with over the years that I really look forward to meeting someday. (bugs or not)

Mary Poppins, I ain't!

useravatar
Ademac Photographics
Photographer
Berry
18 Posts

Welcome any time Curtis.......................have a spare room or stable, what ever you prefer. Get yourself on a big silver bird and come visit. Our dollars are on parr so not costing any more than you would spend at home.

useravatar
Mischa Marie
Female Model
Sacramento, California
8 Posts

Heh I'm freaked out too! Every time I see any little spec of dirt or something that looks like a bug, I freak out and have to inspect it tongue

useravatar
Curtis Wood
Photographer
Logan, Utah
1637 Posts

Mischa Marie wrote:

Heh I'm freaked out too! Every time I see any little spec of dirt or something that looks like a bug, I freak out and have to inspect it tongue

-after viewing a recent documentary on the deadly Sumo spider I now view bugs a little higher on the food chain.

Deadly Rainbow Sumo Spider of the Northwest Video linked here.

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/woody_allen.gif
My hero and mentor.

Mary Poppins, I ain't!

useravatar
John Rayner
Photographer
Rapid City, South Dakota
1325 Posts

Curtis Wood wrote:

Mischa Marie wrote:

-after viewing a recent documentary on the deadly Sumo spider I now view bugs a little higher on the food chain.

Deadly Rainbow Sumo Spider of the Northwest Video linked here.

Arrrgh... I should have known better.. I should have known better. Arrrrrrrgh...