Login with facebook

James leaves MMs POTD18+

useravatar
Deardorff Photography
Photographer
Charlotte, North Carolina
853 Posts

Top James leaves MMs POTD18+

It comes as no surprise to anyone, I'm sure, but IB has asked James to end his efforts in support of their POTD18+ contest.  For reference (especially for the 18+ players among us) here is the thread where he made the announcement.
http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=516718

Beauty beheld is beauty never lost
- John Greenleaf Whittier
--------------------------------------------------
Team Insider member and Contest Administrator - get in touch if you have questions/comments

useravatar
PKM IMAGES
Photographer
Glendale, California
1390 Posts

Top Re: James leaves MMs POTD18+

Well James, thanks for your hard work over at mm. Their lost.   

Let the magic begin...
http://www.pkmimages.com

I am a Team Insider member, please feel free to PM me. Support all the contests by voting or by entering..

useravatar
Lea Halliwell
Female Model
Nicholasville, Kentucky
24 Posts

PKM IMAGES wrote:

Well James, thanks for your hard work over at mm. Their lost.   <!-- s]
I agree.   

Yay Spring!

useravatar
SLE Photography
Photographer
Arnold, Maryland
Site Host
2562 Posts

More time to work on the Wiki & forums here.

And my GF is glad that it means no more jumping on the computer at 2:30 AM EST to look for late rulebreakers LOL.

(Yes, I know I'm on the computer now at 2:30 AM EST, but she's at her house tonight so I'm all alone.)

I am a Model Insider site admin, please feel free to PM me with any site related issues, or for faster response contact our team via the Helpdesk

James Glendinning / SilverLight Esoterica Photography / SLE Photography

useravatar
Curtis Wood
Photographer
Logan, Utah
1637 Posts

James,

-I believe it was about a year and a half ago I first saw the thread for the 18+ contest. I started entering because of the interaction I witnessed in the accompanying discussion thread and how each original contest member was willing to help, offering suggestions and comments that would improve and help the others. You personally took time, beyond the contest to encourage me and I sincerely wish to thank you very much.  You are an inspiration of dedication. Thank you so much for the tireless hours of service and consistency and the honorable way with which you have officiated  this contest. We as participating members have gained many friendships and much pleasure from it. You have been the face and voice of the ModelMayhem POD 18+ contest for as long as it has existed and I am sure that I can speak for all of the members in saying that James, you will be sorely missed as contest mod, on the other site, and we all greatly appreciate your efforts on our behalf!

Thank You Again James!
-curt

:-)

Super calloused Fragile mystic Hexed by halitosis
Mary Poppins, I ain't!

TeamInsider member - PM me if you have any questions or visit us in the chat.

useravatar
Spectrum Arts Studio
Photographer
Vacaville, California
9 Posts

Deardorff Photography wrote:

It comes as no surprise to anyone, I'm sure, but IB has asked James to end his efforts in support of their POTD18+ contest.  For reference (especially for the 18+ players among us) here is the thread where he made the announcement.
http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=516718

Sorry to see this. James clearly worked hard to make the contests fair and fun.  I sincerely hope that it had nothing to do with his involvement here.  That would not be in the best interests of MM.

useravatar
Greg Cobb
Photographer
Southaven, Mississippi
109 Posts

Hello, happy people. smile  I'd also like to add that James was not singled out and that he wasn't the only one removed from that duty.  It is nothing against James specifically and I, as well as others do appreciate everything he has done.

-=gcobb=-

useravatar
SLE Photography
Photographer
Arnold, Maryland
Site Host
2562 Posts

Greg Cobb wrote:

Hello, happy people. smile  I'd also like to add that James was not singled out and that he wasn't the only one removed from that duty.  It is nothing against James specifically and I, as well as others do appreciate everything he has done.

Greg, I don't want to start a lot of grief about the whole thing because that does no one any good.  However, let's be accurate about this.  There were three people, myself included, who were mods on the contest who were not site Mods.  The other 2 were F-Stop Photography and Wt Ltd.  (Jen and JoJo were not site Mods when they started with the contest, just as a point of reference.)

F-Stop never agreed to the contest Mod terms IB required and stopped his duties as a Mod prior to them being published.  He told us he was no longer interested, but was left on the list even tho he hadn't been active since June.

Wet let us know some time ago that his job & travel schedule wouldn't allow him time to work on the contest & he's been inactive since August.

We had, in fact, asked for additional contest Mods or more help from Site Mods to replace them since they were no longer active.  Dean had endorsed our selections.

I, however, did NOT ask to be removed and had given every indication I wanted to stay on.  It's MM/IB's contest, it's theirs to do with as they wish & I won't throw stones over their decision, but if given the choice I'd have continued to serve the community.  Effectively, this decision did only target me.

I am not going to bash IB or MM on either site, there's no reason to do so, but I also don't want to see this presented inaccurately.

I am a Model Insider site admin, please feel free to PM me with any site related issues, or for faster response contact our team via the Helpdesk

useravatar
KMVS
Photographer
Santa Cruz, California
206 Posts

Greg Cobb wrote:

Hi Greg, just out of curiosity and asking here since asking over at SR on MM might raise the ire of a thousand angry mods, but are all the list(s) administration duties going to be taken over by IB admins/MM mods as well?

useravatar
SLE Photography
Photographer
Arnold, Maryland
Site Host
2562 Posts

KMVS wrote:

Hi Greg, just out of curiosity and asking here since asking over at SR on MM might raise the ire of a thousand angry mods, but are all the list(s) administration duties going to be taken over by IB admins/MM mods as well?

Kim, this REALLY needs to be discussed on MM.  I'm sure the MM Mods don't want to be discussing such matters here, and we don't want to be seen as putting them in awkward positions bringing up unrelated site matters.

The Lists have never been given official sanction like the contests, so it's not the same situation.

useravatar
KMVS
Photographer
Santa Cruz, California
206 Posts

SLE Photography wrote:

KMVS wrote:

Kim, this REALLY needs to be discussed on MM.  I'm sure the MM Mods don't want to be discussing such matters here, and we don't want to be seen as putting them in awkward positions bringing up unrelated site matters.

The Lists have never been given official sanction like the contests, so it's not the same situation.

Well I would but I'd rather not have to endure being called disingenuous or a shit stirer by a mod again.

Actually upon reflection, I don't really give a shit.

useravatar
Skydancer
Photographer
17 Posts

Howdy,

For the record, I have only been a site Mod on MM for about a month. But with said, it's clear to me that discussions and an overall consensus that MM's site-wide contests should be moderated by MM site Mods has been ongoing for a long time. It's also clear to me that Brian and Dean (and IB) have not been willing to make such a change unless and until they felt they had enough commitment and bandwidth from the current group of volunteer site Mods to effectively and adequately take on the contests, in addition to their other responsibilities and workload. Jen and JoJo, who are site Mods, remain as contest Mods, as well as TR for the non-18+ contest. Other site mods and admins are also stepping up to take on the duties. So I would not characterize this as singling anyone out, or targeting people on a hit list, or anything else.

More importantly, and also for the record, I think James and his team have done an outstanding job this past year moderating MM's 18+ PotD. In fact, I have no doubt that the contest, and the MM community, will miss his enthusiasm and dedication for serving the contest with such a passion and dedication.

Thanks especially to James. I know it has been a source of personal pride for you. It has been a job well done.

cheers,
Michael

useravatar
SLE Photography
Photographer
Arnold, Maryland
Site Host
2562 Posts

Skydancer wrote:

Howdy,

For the record, I have only been a site Mod on MM for about a month. But with said, it's clear to me that discussions and an overall consensus that MM's site-wide contests should be moderated by MM site Mods has been ongoing for a long time. It's also clear to me that Brian and Dean (and IB) have not been willing to make such a change unless and until they felt they had enough commitment and bandwidth from the current group of volunteer site Mods to effectively and adequately take on the contests, in addition to their other responsibilities and workload. Jen and JoJo, who are site Mods, remain as contest Mods, as well as TR for the non-18+ contest. Other site mods and admins are also stepping up to take on the duties. So I would not characterize this as singling anyone out, or targeting people on a hit list, or anything else.

More importantly, and also for the record, I think James and his team have done an outstanding job this past year moderating MM's 18+ PotD. In fact, I have no doubt that the contest, and the MM community, will miss his enthusiasm and dedication for serving the contest with such a passion and dedication.

Thanks especially to James. I know it has been a source of personal pride for you. It has been a job well done.

cheers,
Michael

Thank you for the kind words, Michael.  I deliberately didn't mention anything here or on MM about a "hit list" or any such paranoid fantasy, and as I said in reply to Greg it's IB's contest to do with as they please.  I'm not trying to breed enmity over this.

I was simply clarifying that I am, in fact, the only person actually affected by this decision.  It's not so much me being singled out, it's a function of me being the only non-site mod who was still actively moderating since Jen & JoJo's promotions.

useravatar
Greg Cobb
Photographer
Southaven, Mississippi
109 Posts

I posted this for two reasons, one being that I wanted you to know that no one has hard feelings, especially myself.

The second being that if you read the OP here, you'll see that the direction of the post could be easily taken out of context and it is yet another post that has limited information included. 

That's all...no harm no foul.

-=gcobb=-

useravatar
SLE Photography
Photographer
Arnold, Maryland
Site Host
2562 Posts

Greg Cobb wrote:

I posted this for two reasons, one being that I wanted you to know that no one has hard feelings, especially myself.

The second being that if you read the OP here, you'll see that the direction of the post could be easily taken out of context and it is yet another post that has limited information included. 

I appreciate that, Greg.  I didn't take it badly.  smile  I deliberately didn't post anything about it here because this whole perception of a "war" is bad for ALL of us & I know most of us are, frankly, tired of it.  I don't want to do anything to further it.  My conversation with Miguel was very civil, and all the Mods have been very kind about it on MM.  As I said, it's their site & their decision and I see the reasons, there's no need for anyone to make this a fight.

useravatar
Deardorff Photography
Photographer
Charlotte, North Carolina
853 Posts

SLE Photography wrote:

Greg Cobb wrote:

I appreciate that, Greg.  I didn't take it badly.  smile  I deliberately didn't post anything about it here because this whole perception of a "war" is bad for ALL of us & I know most of us are, frankly, tired of it.  I don't want to do anything to further it.  My conversation with Miguel was very civil, and all the Mods have been very kind about it on MM.  As I said, it's their site & their decision and I see the reasons, there's no need for anyone to make this a fight.

My intention in posting was simply to inform the membership here that James was no longer involved with the 18+ contest on MM, nothing more. I did not mean to convey or imply anything else.   

Beauty beheld is beauty never lost
- John Greenleaf Whittier
--------------------------------------------------
Team Insider member and Contest Administrator - get in touch if you have questions/comments

useravatar
CeeCee
Female Model
Warrenton, Missouri
30 Posts

Wow, looks like I have been missing a lot!